COVID-19 Re-Entry Summary
**THIS INFORMATION IS CONTINUOUSLY BEING ADDED TO AS GUIDANCE IS RELEASED.**
Barton School District school year will begin as originally planned on Aug. 24, 2020.
*Pre-School is only on-site*
The following guidelines are set by the Arkansas Department of Health (ADH) and the Arkansas Ready for Learning program which was issued by the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE).
Our goal will be to provide as safe an experience as possible that includes a rich educational experience, with opportunities for social interaction and extra-curricular activities while adhering to guidelines provided by the Arkansas Department of Health.
Among the changes the district will implement:
- Students and adults will complete a daily screening before entering.
- If a student comes to school sick with a temperature over the ADH guidance, they will be sent home.
- Students 5th grade and up, as well as adults, will be required to wear face coverings.
- The district will provide one cloth washable mask per week for every student. Additional masks will be for sale in the offices for $1.00.
- Social distancing guidelines will be observed as much as feasibly possible. Classrooms and cafeteria spaces will be redesigned to increase the space between students.
- Classrooms will be sanitized daily.
- Elementary students will continue to have outdoor playtime with limits on the number of students they come in contact with
- If an individual tests positive for COVID-19, the district will follow guidance from the ADH. This could result in a brief closure of the school district to provide time for additional cleaning and sanitation.
- The district has surveyed parents to determine interest in a digital option for students not wishing to return to a traditional classroom. Parents and students will be required to commit to the Virtual or Traditional Education option no later than July 10.
- The commitment will be for the entire 2020-2021 school year and can not be changed at any point during the year.
- Students who commit to full-time virtual learning will not be able to participate in any on-campus or extra-curricular activities.
- We anticipate the same arrival and dismissal times as normal.
- There will be no field trips or assemblies of any type including pep rallies, concerts, etc. At this time, this does not include sporting events.