Tis the season for bad weather. As always in bad weather the Barton-Lexa School District will announce any school closings at or around 6AM the morning of on Facebook, Barton website, and our school call around. The Barton-Lexa School District has been approved by the Arkansas Department of Education for an AMI (alternative method of instruction) plan, for inclement weather days. This is what you need to know:
1. All students will be given packets of work to take home.
2. In the event of an inclement weather day the students are to complete their packets.
3. All teachers will monitor their contact information (should be placed on the work) throughout the inclement weather school day for any questions that may come from students or parents about the assignments.
4. All assignments will be for a grade and must be completed to count the student present for the day.
5. If work is not submitted by the end of the 3rd day back, the grade will be given as a zero and the student will counted as absent.
6. This will count in place of the missed inclement weather day.
7. If an inclement weather day is not called and AMI work is sent home, students should keep the AMI work at home for the next possible inclement weather day.